February - Peru. Lima. A 1930s Ford used as a taxi passes the Presidential
Palace in the central square, the Plaza de Armas. A palace has stood on the site
since 1535 but the current building dates from the 1930s. In 1963 old cars used
a specific taxi route, No 75. It ran from the Plaza de Armas to the suburb of
Chacra Rios via Avenida Venezuela, adistance of about 3 miles (almost 5 kms).
In 1963 Chacra Rios was on the outskirts of the city but almost touching the port
town of Callao - now they merge. The helmeted ceremonial guards were acustomed
MPP Microflex Twin Lens Reflex with f3.5 77.5mm Taylor Taylor Hobson lens Film
Kodak Tri X Panchromatic - F8 - 1/300 second. Developed by hand in Lima, using
Kodak Microdol at normal dilution.
Peru 63/11 © Tony Morrison